Welcome to this week’s collection of links, curios and things I’ve uncovered and decided were cool enough to share:
- HBO has revealed our first teasers for their upcoming “Game of Thrones” TV series, including a nice still of Sean “Boromir” Bean looking suitably dingy-regal as Eddard Stark. I did a bit of work on the Song of Ice and Fire rpg for Green Ronin, so it’s a safe bet I’ll be getting HBO next year, just to watch this. http://io9.com/5562558/first-ever-trailer-for-hbos-fantasy-epic-game-of-thrones
- Slushpile Hell – Take pity on the agents, for they suffer the weight of bad query letters. http://slushpilehell.tumblr.com/
- And now an Alan Moore joke, for those who will appreciate it: http://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/alan.jpg
- If you weren’t aware – I am a huge fan of pseudobiblia, lost langauages and forgotten tomes – I blame early interest in Lovecraft. Regardless, for a taste of some of the coolest un-translated scripts, check out: http://weburbanist.com/2010/05/24/undead-languages-10-mysterious-undeciphered-scripts/
- Language and linguistics shape more than how we describe the world around us – this is a fascinating interview with a psycholinguist doing research into how our language shapes our thought processes and how we observe the world: http://www.radio.cz/en/article/126764
- A landmark of terrible American Kitsch has been destroyed – Thor has spoken, in regards to “Touchdown Jesus”: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_lightning_strikes_jesus_statue I wonder if their insurance still counts that as an act of God?